Friday, February 24, 2012

Accountable!

It has been a while since I have blogged. I am so guilty of not being consistent with things that I start and I want to apologize to all my followers and readers for not blogging lately. Things have been so busy. But God sent me back into my blogging direction this morning! When I come over to my blog, I didn't know if I would be blogging or just reading those that I follow. Well then God prompted me to blog and then I asked God what was I supposed to be writing about. I thought and pondered for a few minutes and here I am now after being reminded by God of the struggle that I have had in my walk with him. And that struggle is "quiet" time with God alone.

I am a wife, mother of 2 (12 and 2 yrs), full-time employee, aunt of ball players, back issues, thyroid problems, etc. My days always seem so full and never ending and not enough time in the day for half of what needs to be done. I have been beating myself up lately for not spending the quality "quiet" time with God that he wants of us and that I desire strongly to have. I done good for a while getting up early and spending that time with him, but now I am back to having a hard time rolling out of bed early every day. I mean, I literally do good to get up in time to get myself dressed and get the baby ready and dropped off at the baby sitter and be at work on time. I am usually a few min late every day! And I still feel so tired and worn out daily. I do read scripture, devotions, daily reading plans, etc EVERY day, but it's not the QUIET time that i truly desire to have with God daily. I find myself getting frustrated and aggravated for not being able to do this and looking at other women who talk of their "quiet" time and wonder why I just can't do that. And thinking that my walk with God would be so much better if I would just spend that quality time with him daily and that he would not be so disappointed in me if I would just spend that time with him.

As women, we (at least I do) tend to keep our struggles to ourselves so that we won't be "judged" or thought of any differently by others. Well, I will say that, I have been blessed to be connected to a wonderful group of ladies that have committed to praying with and for me in this struggle and not think any differently of me and to love me right where I am! You never know who is having the same struggle as you until you open up and ask for prayer for your struggles. It is so important that we have the accountability and fellowship with our sisters in Christ to help keep us strengthened in our walk with God.

Tuesday, for the first time in a while, I decided to go walk on my lunch break. And what an amazing walk and talk I had with God during that time! I was just so amazed at how much God talked to me and how many people I was able to pray for and how much I was able to talk to God about during that time. I have been desiring for an accountability partner to really hold me accountable every day no matter what and to stay on me. I was thinking that I wasn't a kid and I shouldn't have to have that like we do our kids, but then God reminded me that I am a child of his and we do need discipline and accountability just like our kids do. Then he also reminded me that if I wanted that accountability person that I had to be faithful to holding someone accountable as well!

I am committing today to pray for any and everyone who has this same struggle or any other as well! I was reminded last night as I listened to two dear friends talk that God does not have us all at the same place at the same time. Just because they have their "quiet" time with God doesn't mean that they don't have another struggle that I know nothing about! 

1 Thessalonians 5:11~“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.”

James 5:16 ~“Therefore, confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another so that you may be healed. The effective prayer of a righteous man can accomplish much.”
Love your sister in Christ!

Please feel free to comment with your thoughts, concerns, or prayer request!

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful outpouring of your heart! The daily struggles can wear us all thin but God didn’t intend us to walk this road alone…we are to walk with Jesus and others He brings into our lives to support, care for, pray with and love us but those mask…their intention is to deceive others but so often we are the ones left deceived and hurting, struggling and broken by them.

    Don’t you just love having that time like you did at lunch; outside taking in his creation and just soaking in all of sweet Jesus you heart can hold. Morning quiet times are not the best time for everyone. Ask God to show you when it’s best for you to come be still before him and let your spirit be filled. It could be lunch or before bed or right after work or in the shower or in the car…what matters is that he has your rapt attention so Jesus can fill you, not the time, place or length.

    You are so very precious just as you are. You do not walk along…e.v.e.r. So many times I've been so frustrated with myself I half to stop and just say God, you really know my heart so please take what you know to be truth and make it into who I am in reality.

    Huggggssss --- Stacey

    ReplyDelete