Wednesday, July 11, 2012

My Thoughts!

I am currently doing the Proverbs 31 bible study online with a group of ladies in my community! One of the scriptures this morning was:
Proverbs 4:23 "Be careful how you think, your life is shaped by your thoughts" (GNT)

This scripture really spoke volumes to me and made me really think about my thoughts and where they come from and how my life is shaped by them! Well let me just say that 90% of what goes on in my mind daily is not the truths from God! They are the thoughts and lies from Satan that keep me and my life in the shape that it is in. My life is shaped according to the lies that Satan continues to feed me daily. The lies that I'm not good enough, I'm not talented enough or have any talents worth anything, I'm not loved, I'm not important, I have become overweight, I'm not pretty, etc. Yes, I face these thoughts daily and it has become how I think daily so therefore it has become how I live my life lately! My life daily is shaped around all of these lies from Satan! I know that they are lies from him and I know that God's truth speaks differently than any of this, but I can't seem to conquer this battle of the mind that has been going on for so long now! I know God's truth and I know that I am important to him, loved by him, beautiful in eyes, etc. I just face the battle with Satan everyday with claiming God's truth and applying in to my life daily!

This is a huge battle and it is not a good place to be! I know that God wants me to conquer this battle and trust in and believe in word and I am claiming now to take hold and grasp to his truth and his love!

God Loves Me: Ephesians 2:4-5 But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, evenwhen we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ— by grace you have been saved—

I am beautiful to God: Psalm 139:13:“You made all the delicate, inner parts of my body and knit me together in my mother’s womb.” 

 Jeremiah 29:11:“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”
 This has been one of my favorite scriptures since I become a christian and sometimes I lose focus of it, but I am claiming it now as I conquer and overcome this daily battle!

Trading the lies for God's truth,
Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment