Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Blessings!

As I was just thinking and reading this morning, God reminded me of just how much I have been blessed. So I decided to look at different scriputres that talks about blessings in the bible. I just want to share a few of them with you:

  • Matthew 5:3-12 ~3“God blesses those who are poor and realize their need for him, for the Kingdom of Heaven is their 4 God blesses those who mourn, for they will be comforted. 5 God blesses those who are humble, for they will inherit the whole earth. 6 God blesses those who hunger and thirst for justice, for they will be satisfied. 7 God blesses those who are merciful, for they will be shown mercy. 8 God blesses those whose hearts are pure, for they will see God. 9 God blesses those who work for peace, for they will be called the children of God. 10 God blesses those who are persecuted for doing right, for the Kingdom of Heaven is theirs. 11 “God blesses you when people mock you and persecute you and lie about you and say all sorts of evil things against you because you are my followers. 12 Be happy about it! Be very glad! For a great reward awaits you in heaven. And remember, the ancient prophets were persecuted in the same way.
  • Numbers 6:24 ‘May the Lord bless you and protect you. 25 May the Lord smile on you and be gracious to you. 26 May the Lord show you his favor and give you his peace.’
  • Psalm 67:1 May God be merciful and bless us. May his face smile with favor on us. 2 May your ways be known throughout the earth, your saving power among people everywhere.
  • Ephesians 1:3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ.
  • James 1:12 God blesses those who patiently endure testing and temptation. Afterward they will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.
  • Revelation 1:3 God blesses the one who reads the words of this prophecy to the church, and he blesses all who listen to its message and obey what it says, for the time is near.
This is just a few, of many, scriptures in the bible that talks about blessings. As I am reminded this morning of the blessings that I have received and how blessed I have been, I would like to share a few of those blessings with you.  No matter where we have been, where we were, what we have been throught, what we go through, or where we are at, God promises to bless us if we obey his commands and words and follow him. I have been through so much in my life (probably not as much as some people) and have done so much wrong in my life, but God still loved me enough anyway to bless me as much as he has and he is ready and willing to bless you as well.

I have been truly blessed with a wonderful husband of 11 years. We have had our problems, issues, and even seperation after 8 years, but God has blessed our marriage and it is stronger now than ever before. So if you have or having marital problems and you think it's the end, don't give up. Cling to God and be obedient to him and he will bless you. I have been blessed with 2 amazing children. A 11 year old daughter, Bethany, and a 20 month old son, Lane! They have brought so much joy and hapiness to our family. I just want to share with you a small part of how big of a blessing Lane was to us (not saying that Bethany wasn't, but he was just in a different way). I had my daughter at an early age and several years before I came to know Christ. We decided when she was 3 years old that we wanted to have another baby and so we started then trying. At this time, my husband and I were still not followers of christ. I had several of miscarriages in the 7 years that we tried to conceive. It was January 08' when I decided to surrender my life fully and whole-hearted to Jesus. It was later in that year that Satan attacked and my husband and I seperated for several of months. I continued to stay faithful to God through all of the trials and tribulations that came along with the seperation and in June 09', God restored my marriage.  It was in August of 09' when we found out that we were expecting our 2nd child that we had been trying for, for 7 years! (This refers back to the James 1:12 scripture and it is the scripture that I clung to in that time). God will always bless you in him time and when you stay faithful to him! I am blessed with amazing family (mom, dad, sisters, brothers, nieces, nephews, aunta, uncles, and cousins). I am also blessed with the most amazing 2nd family (my husband's side) that anyone could ever ask for. I am blessed with a job, an amazing church and church family, and some of the most spiritual best of friends that anyone could ever ask for.

There are so many more things that I have been blessed with to even try to fit all of them in, but this is a glimpse of just how much I have been blessed because of my faithfulness and obedience to God. I am not always faithful and obedient as I should, but I try my best to be as christlike as possible. When I'm not, I ask forgiveness and try to better what I failed at.

In Revelation 1:3, it simply says that you will be blessed if you read the word and obey it and that the time is near. I want all of you to be blessed abundantly as God promises. So, don't miss out on the blessings that you could be receiving from God. Be obedient and faithful to him and receive everything that is in store for you before it's to late!

Blessings from your sister in christ,
Rebecca

4 comments:

  1. Wonderfully true word today! If we count our blessings instead of sheep, we may wake up in better moods the next day! :-) I'm so thankful for you stepping out of your comfort zone and sharing! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A blessed word from you today! Continue in His word and keep sharing. May He always smile with favor upon you! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing so much of yourself, Rebecca. I love reading how God has worked in people's lives to change their hearts and renew their lives. Many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your encouragement from the scriptures! I love God and His word!

    ReplyDelete